Monday, July 2, 2012

You know your due date is close when...

... you are told that you will be released from your church calling (teaching 3 year olds, ten of them) soon.
... expiration dates on milk are later than your due date.
... you start to waddle everywhere you go.
... contractions wake you up in the middle of the night.
... you start considering trying gross things, like drinking castor oil, to get this baby out of you.
... your husband says, "It looks like you have twins in there."


This part of pregnancy just might be the worst part so far, the waiting. Worse than the throwing up all the time for 3 months, and not being able to have things around my neck (weird, right?) for another couple of months (I know that labor and delivery will probably trump all of that pretty easily, pretty soon). Not knowing whether he will come tomorrow or in 4 weeks is hard... 4 weeks should sound like nothing, after waiting nearly 9 months now.

I'm just sick of being pregnant though. I want to know what he looks like. It is killing me. 
Does he look more like me or Aaron? Is he going to look weird? 
What color are his eyes? Brown like mom's or green/gray/blue like dad's?
What color is his hair? Brown like mom's or will he be a tow head like dad?
What color is his skin? Brown like mom's or pasty white like dad?
I want to be able to hold him (in my arms, not my belly). 


I know, I know. I'm just an impatient mommy, eager and excited to meet you, baby. You come when you're ready.

No comments: