Friday, October 12, 2012

3 Months


 

This post is mostly for record's sake. It may be boring to you, but I will be glad I wrote this when I look back 5, 10, 20 years from now.

Austin talks all the time. Except when there are people, he is a little shy ronnie. Or maybe it is that he is just modest; he doesn't like to show off his tricks and skills to strangers. He can kind of copy some sounds. Yesterday it was the sound "Bbbuuooo".

He is a ham. If he makes a noise, and you laugh, he will keep going; louder and higher.

He likes to be chewing/sucking on something at all times. binkie, his lower lip (notice the second picture), fingers, fists, toys, burp cloths, swaddles, your face (yes it has happened), anything he can get in that little mouth of his. 

He is sleeping from about 9:30 pm to 4:30 am every night. then till 7 or 8 am again. He is a pretty good alarm clock. Occasionally he will sleep from 9:30-7, those nights I wake up pretty uncomfortably (if you know what I mean....). He falls asleep on his own, in his crib, or any other place pretty much as long as you swaddle him and set him down. He rarely falls asleep in my arms any more, unless I walk around and put a binkie in his mouth.

His hair is getting LONG! It kind of lays down on top now, but the sides and back are getting a little ratty. He still has a little bit of cradle cap, but it isn't flaking out like it was. 

He is starting to drool constantly, here come the days of bibs. He is going to be freezing in the winter months, with his face always wet. 

I have heard him laugh only once or twice. I hope he starts laughing at things soon. 

He is starting to notice things around him more. When wearing pajamas with dogs on the feet, I catch him staring at his feet; it's cute. He has started watching the TV.

No comments: