Tuesday, May 15, 2012

31 Weeks


Not a lot is different, he still kicks and knees me. Lately it has felt like he rolls around more, and stretches more than kicks. It must mean that he is getting more and more squished in there, putting on some fat! We like babies with fat around here. At our appointment last week, our Dr. said that he was measuring just the right size.

"This week, your baby measures over 16 inches long. He weighs about 3.3 pounds (try carrying four navel oranges) and is heading into a growth spurt. He can turn his head from side to side, and his arms, legs, and body are beginning to plump out as needed fat accumulates underneath his skin. He's probably moving a lot, too, so you may have trouble sleeping because your baby's kicks and somersaults keep you up. Take comfort: All this moving is a sign that your baby is active and healthy."- Babycenter.com

He does seem to wake up right when I am about to go to sleep. He has perfect timing... I've noticed though, if I walk around for a little bit he calms down, stops kicking, and goes to sleep (or so I like to think). 

I don't feel like I look much bigger, but starting this week I could tell that my belly was starting to get heavier. I have to have a pillow to prop it up when I am lying on my side. 

I think I felt my first Braxton-Hicks contractions this week. I'm still not sure though. 

I am constantly hungry and constantly eating, ask Aaron. He will tell you that all I think about is food. I even dream about it. It's pretty bad. I'm developing a very nice double chin...





No comments: